This post is written with a peace in my heart yet a little sadness too.
MANY prayers of thanksgiving have been offered to The Lord about this business. We have also asked for His direction for the future of it. It has definitely been a blessing in more ways than one. It has provided a creative outlet for me, some financial help for our family and it has kept me VERY busy...too busy actually, which is why I am writing this :)
Darin and I have had many conversations about it and we have felt peace that we need to try to slow things down a bit. So this will be my last post on this blog.
I have felt convicted and overwhelmed for a while now and don't feel as if I am being the best mommy and wife that I know the Lord wants me to be. So instead of wishing for it to just change, we have decided to do something about it.
So what exactly am I saying, you may be asking yourself!? Well, effective immediately I will not be taking any custom orders. I will continue to sell my items (as time allows me to make them) on my etsy shop. There may be lots on there at times and there may be little on there at times. We will just see how it goes! You can keep checking that out for any items (baby and handbags) that I have for immediate purchase. I plan to keep it updated as time allows. Also, those of you that are still waiting on an order, I am of course filling those, so don't fret :)
I know that some people may be thinking I am crazy for "throwing" away a great little business that I have built up. We see it as a "pause button". I am so excited to focus more on my family and these sweet fleeting years of having our little ones at my feet! Hey, maybe I will actually get the laundry caught up and keep that kitchen sink clear of dishes! Hubs is cheering at that one!
Blogging has been EXTREMELY great for business and I have LOVED it, so I will miss you all here on blogger :) As a side note, all comments left for me on this blog go directly to my e-mail account so I will still read them.
Blessings to you and thank you so much for your business and for following my blog, dear ones! The pleasure has been all mine, I have enjoyed getting to know so many of you through e-mail and it has been a treasure for me!
MANY prayers of thanksgiving have been offered to The Lord about this business. We have also asked for His direction for the future of it. It has definitely been a blessing in more ways than one. It has provided a creative outlet for me, some financial help for our family and it has kept me VERY busy...too busy actually, which is why I am writing this :)
Darin and I have had many conversations about it and we have felt peace that we need to try to slow things down a bit. So this will be my last post on this blog.
I have felt convicted and overwhelmed for a while now and don't feel as if I am being the best mommy and wife that I know the Lord wants me to be. So instead of wishing for it to just change, we have decided to do something about it.
So what exactly am I saying, you may be asking yourself!? Well, effective immediately I will not be taking any custom orders. I will continue to sell my items (as time allows me to make them) on my etsy shop. There may be lots on there at times and there may be little on there at times. We will just see how it goes! You can keep checking that out for any items (baby and handbags) that I have for immediate purchase. I plan to keep it updated as time allows. Also, those of you that are still waiting on an order, I am of course filling those, so don't fret :)
I know that some people may be thinking I am crazy for "throwing" away a great little business that I have built up. We see it as a "pause button". I am so excited to focus more on my family and these sweet fleeting years of having our little ones at my feet! Hey, maybe I will actually get the laundry caught up and keep that kitchen sink clear of dishes! Hubs is cheering at that one!
Blogging has been EXTREMELY great for business and I have LOVED it, so I will miss you all here on blogger :) As a side note, all comments left for me on this blog go directly to my e-mail account so I will still read them.
Blessings to you and thank you so much for your business and for following my blog, dear ones! The pleasure has been all mine, I have enjoyed getting to know so many of you through e-mail and it has been a treasure for me!



15 comments:
aww, congrats on taking some downtime!! i just started reading your blog just a bit ago, so of course, i am sad to see you go! your products are inspiring and i don't think anyone in their right mind would think that you are throwing this away because you will still be sewing, just on your terms, which will make it so much more fun! :)
Good for you. It can be really hard to make a decision that goes against what the "world" thinks we should do. It's far more important to fulfill our role as mom that the Lord has entrusted us to do than to do something that is glorified by others.
Praying for continued peace as you live in obediance to Him, for your willingness to hit the "pause button" and to adjust your life to bring Him glory...Isaiah 30:21"This is the walk, walk in it". I have been blessed by your talents & your friendship (and will miss seeing the cute pictures of your kiddos, too!). Love you!
As they just told me when I quit my job, congratulations! Both on the success you built your business to in order to create this tough decision and for making a good yet hard choice.
I am always proud to say we were the recipients of one of your very first burpies!
Hope to see you around as you emerge from your sewing room!! :)
Hey Jess - I am proud of you. I am sending up praises to God right now for answered prayer (just like Daniel!).
I love you friend,
Megan
You will never regret spending more time with your babies.
Believe me, they won't remember the new couch that mommy's business money bought, but they will remember going to the park with you! These moments will go by in the blink of an eye. Savor every one of them. It is important to keep your creative outlet but it should always enhance your life not take from it. As your children get older your sewing will still be there and so will the customers. I will miss reading your blog and seeing your inspiring products but I applaud your decision to make your family your first priority. Enjoy!
Everyone will miss you but what a blessing to your 3 guys that you know when enough is enough and I'm happy that you've found peace knowing this is God's will...what freedom in that! Congrats
We hear you Jessica. =o) Your little sweet peas are blessed to have a mom that is so into their needs at this age. You can't redo the little bebopper growing up years. =o) I for one think you're setting a really good example too. =o)
Ann
You will be greatly missed! Good for you though and recognizing what's important and talking it over with your hubby and making a decision together! Too many times we rush into things without thinking of others. The days go by so fast, I know it's hard when you feel too busy and can't enjoy it. When I decided to stay home and start a family I had something I kept repeating to myself and still do...it's this...I chose the pain of sacrifice over the pain of regret. I never wanted to look back and regret not being there for my child or husband. I'm sure that's sort of how you feel...so we (all moms!) make sacrifices.
Enjoy this time!
i know i pretty much said it all last night, but i am SO proud and happy for you! (and a wee bit jealous) :) just like another blogger said - your passion should enhance your life, not take from it. exactly! i cant wait to see the result of less stress and more mommy-days in your life! love you friend!
Jess, I just want you to know how much I admire you for making this decision. I think it is the right one - one you will never regret. God has blessed you with a great little family, and He definately wants them first in your life (after Him, of course). I will be offering up a prayer now and then that you can be blessed and content on this new path you've chosen (for the time being). :) Many blessings to you!!
Oh no! I am so sad because I have been perusing your fabrics, ready to pick out a new bag (the one i have is not going to be big enough when we have the new baby in april). So I guess I need to find a new bag elsewhere! But I will check out the etsy shop and see what you have there as well :)
Jessica what an awesome wife and mother you are! Wishing you all the joys and blessings the Father has in store for you and your sweet family for heeding his call and listening. You are such an example to many! Blessings--Marie
Hi Jessica,
You and I emailed a few months ago as I was setting up my Etsy shop and getting going. You were extremely generous with your advice and thoughts, and encouraged me to keep balance in my life and with the Lord in the midst of the business. Your words have rung in my ears several times in the last few months as I've felt overwhelmed (already!). I salute you for stepping back from your thriving business and am already doing the same, knowing that the pace of sewing businesses seem over the top some times, and my boys are not going to be babies for long. God bless you and your family, and believe me, when you're ready to jump back in (if you ever are), there will be PLENTY of business ready for you!!!
Hi Jessica...I obviously haven't read your blog in quite a while, I was a regular follower for quite some time, but then my own business got sooo busy. I am at the verge of tears as I read this because I feel the same exact way. I am on a 2 year extended maternity leave for my 3rd child and started my business as a hobby...little did I know what that would turn into! Now I don't know how to make it stop. I feel as if I could have written your blog entry, but thus far have not known what the right thing to do is. Good for you. The fact that you look like your thriving on your family blog gives me hope to do the same. God bless!
Post a Comment